Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stiff Competition

How does one compete with a 1929 Model A Ford, Shakespeare and fabulous fairies? Our life appears drab in comparison.
The days of this week just fluttered by with enough on task time to know that we are accomplishing our objectives and enough serendipity to keep the children awake and tuned in. In K we painted lions for Dandylion Day (Oct 7) and measured out a 36 foot long paper anaconda ( adding machine paper works great) that was far longer than a five year old's estimate and looks grand looped in the canopy of our rainforest. We wrote alliterative sentences using adjectives for the first time - such things as "large lions, live lemons, and lovely leaves." Of course the lemons were all hanging on a rather piney looking tree but on a tree nonetheless so they would be "live". I have some creative thinkers. Monday is Johnny Appleseed's birthday so my list of things to bring from home is long - the crockpot, some cinnamon, apple peelers, and a saucepan to put on my head while I read the J.A. biography. I'm hoping Rob will drop me off at the door of the school so I won't have to carry all my stuff from the parking garage. We have been riding together as much as possible to conserve fuel. We were planning a little trip to the Fall Festival of our favorite nursery in Tampa, but decided to save the $ and Rob will order a few new plants for his bromeliad collection online.
We're having a busy Sunday, Rob is leading music in church, I'm playing the piano, then we have our monthly potluck, then at 5:30 a little house warming party for a young couple at church who have purchased their first home. After that Matt and Jill are coming over and we will proctor an exam for them. They are taking seminary courses online and the exam is sent to us through email, we provide a quiet spot, then sign the test and mail it to the college for them. Next month they are going to China to check out locations and make plans for when they go there as missionaries sometime next year - after March 21 when their baby is due. They are our adopted family here - Jill never knew her father and calls Rob her special Dad and Matt's family live in North Dakota. Yes, I'm making a pink and a blue quilt, they would like to wait to know the gender so we just say Baby K (Kasowski).
I'm not going to add any pictures until I sign up and work through Fliker (sp) - last week the suggested program was Picasa - and it doesn't do what Fliker does so I'm going to see if I can change over. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Katie said...

So, who is the new link on the sidebar? Very interesting blog.

Gayle and Rob said...

Dan is a Christian High school drama / language teacher who goes to our church. When Dad told him about our new blog site he saw it and started one of his own. I thought Emily would enjoy some of his thoughts on Christians in the dramatic arts.

Anonymous said...

Hey...got your letter in the mail today and couldn't resist checking out your new technology ;) It's amazing how blogging is catching like wildfire in every circle I know of. And, not to confuse you any further about pictures, but I use photobucket.com to upload mine and have found it very easy to use. A letter is in the works...thanks for sharing your site :)

Katie said...

Oh. That's weird because his blog archives goes back to 1992.

Well, it's 9:00 and I need to eat some supper. Alec has been building shelves in the garage all night but I can't wait anymore.