Monday, September 19, 2005

Day Two: Bomb

My second day as a blogger - I spent an hour trying to put a picture in the profile spot and feeling rather tired of the whole deal I finally ended up doing an email to the blogger help desk. The error message said the URL for the picture was too long....and how do you shorten a URL that the program itself created? Any help on this Kate or Em? Dad took the picture with his camera and copied it to a disk and that's where I was getting it from. I followed the directions from the Blogger Help page....Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I don't know how you're posting pictures right now, but I always use Flickr. When you use Flickr, it gives you 2 choices for posting pictures: a URL, which the profile picture requires, and an HTML, which I use to paste into the text of my posts (that way there is a link for you all to go to the Flickr page - otherwise it just shows a little teeny picture in the top left corner and you can't download it very easily).

The other nice thing about Flickr is that all of my pictures are backed up on the internet. I was thinking the other day about Hurricane Katrina and how everyone always says how in a fire or disaster they would take their pictures with them out the door first. Problem solved - I can get to them now anywhere in the world! I still back them up on disks, though (and mom's bad experience taught me to check the disk before I delete them from the computer!).