Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Philosophy Question

Why do closets look so large when they're empty? Why does it feel good to organize stuff? And how in the world did we get so much stuff? I was thinking deep thoughts as GB and I painted our closet this morning...We don't have a huge master closet, but Tim and I lived in a room together that was just 2.5 times larger than our closet! We had a number of holes and one small shelf that we removed, so there was some spackling - 2 coats for a couple of larger holes. The ceiling was a medium popcorn texture; hateful stuff! I'm going to do the bedroom ceiling tomorrow afternoon, and I shudder to think what will happen with that *&%$##@ popcorn stuff. (*crummy) We'll have to move all of the furniture out and completely cover the floor. After the ceiling white is on, the walls and trim should be a cake walk. We're using the same colors as the bathroom - ivory for most of the walls and trim, and the blue/green for the wall panel above the closet. I think we can be done by Saturday.

We had a blinger of a thunderstorm this afternoon -- we're finally getting into the summer cycle of AM blue sky and PM showers. We had 5 inches of rain in less than 2 hours! I think the tree frogs thought they had died and gone to heaven! Ominous weather news: the first tropical wave of the year was on the weather report tonight. Too much dry air near it so it won't do much, but that's the first of many. And, the water temps in the Gulf and in the Atlantic / near east side of Florida are warm...
We're planning on a breakfast ride tomorrow morning. The idea is to do the outdoors stuff before traffic and heat get too stiff and be back home before the rains begin again. Should be fun! Hope the rains stop before the fireworks are scheduled to go off tomorrow night. :)

4 comments:

bob said...

I do have to say that your previous post title was rather hilarious, even if unintended.

And I truly pity anyone who has had to spend a week in the bathroom... see a doctor if its that bad!

Anyway, glad you're 'enjoying' the painting... except for that ceiling problem. :)

Gayle and Rob said...

Unintended?? Of course I intended it! Why not use a pun whenever I can, even if it is bathroom humor?

Katie said...

I guess it's OK since you're not at the dinner table.

B said...

Hey, only I can get away with that! And only work stories, of course...!