Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kitchen Completed

I finished the white trim (2 coats!) in the kitchen today. Except for the louvered closet door to the pantry, we're done with the kitchen. I put the ceiling picture in so you could see the contrast between the yellowed, tired ceiling and the new white. Painting this popcorn textured ceiling wasn't too bad. I just went slow and loaded on the paint. We used 4 1/2 gallons on the kitchen and great room ceiling and it took me a 1 1/2 days...truly, a pain in the neck!
We put the mineral red accent color on three walls -- the front window wall of the kitchen, the small wall next to the front door, and the high panel in the great room on the interior wall. The rest of the walls are covered in a color called parchment paper. With the white of the ceiling, it gives a bright, airy feel to the great room. I put in new wood plantation blinds in the two great room windows, and installed an under cupboard 18 inch light in the kitchen, in the corner between the stove and sink.

3 comments:

B said...

That color looks so great! Very different from the old Navajo White, huh? :) I've always been partial to red, and that looks very sharp! Can't wait to see pictures of the great room!

Katie said...

Mom, Erin's quilt is machine appliqued and hand-quilted (although not very small stitches). It's pretty nice.

What do you know about Janome sewing machines?

I like the red wall. Are you done painting for now or are you going to do the 2 rooms that are left?

Gayle and Rob said...

Let's see, that would be the guest bath room & bedroom...Nah! I'm calling "Uncle" after this is completed. I have some plants that are crying for attention, and I want to just sit in my chair, look at the finished projects, and grin for a couple of days! That would be when school begins in 2 weeks...Did I tell you that just as I finished the kitchen wall we had a humongous storm with blowing rain. Our roof leaked in the corner by the wall paper. I could have cried! I got a tube of roofing tar and caulked everything in sight, again. Went higher up the roof also on theory that perhaps the wind was blowing the rain under the drip edge and then wicking down the wall. We'll see...