Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Travel Weekend


I had a good, quick trip to Grand Rapids this past weekend. The primary purpose was for Christian Schools International board meetings. The bonus was having supper with Bob, Kim, and Mike, and spending time with Mom and Art.


I took the Calvin kids out to Friday's for supper. We had a great time, got caught up on news, and finished off several pigs' worth of ribs.






We had good board meetings all day Friday and again on Saturday morning. I think our new CEO/executive director Dave Koetje is already doing exactly what the board hoped -- vision casting and creatively leading CSI into the 21st Century. Dave and wife Marla hosted a get-together for the board Friday night at their house. Marla and I were in band together at Calvin Christian HS many moons ago.


I spent Saturday afternoon with Mom & Art. We visited Aunt Marilyn at the nursing home and also went to see Uncle Howard and Aunt Doris. It was good to see them; health is a fragile thing. Uncle Howard is still recovering from his car accident in late January. Aunt Marilyn was pretty coherent. Art is still limping badly from his fall two Sundays ago. He was pretty game about getting out, though!

The best thing about the weekend? Seeing my Gayle drive up at the airport and getting home safely!

5 comments:

MLE said...

Hey--glad the trip went well and you have pictures. I wonder how my principal would feel about his picture posted on the web--oh well, he doesn't have to know!

Gayle and Rob said...

He doesn't have a tie on, Em. Who would recognize him?

Katie said...

And I see my old principal, too!

Anonymous said...

hey you guys...we haven't talked in a while...I just got back from visiting Julie and nick in CA...for more on that see my xanga. Hope you had a good birthday Gayle!

Anonymous said...

I look like a dork in that picture... that's all I have to say...
oh and less than three weeks till I go home!