Sunday, November 20, 2005

Just Breathe

Well, we made it to the Thanksgiving break and though we have two days of inservice ahead of us it sure feels like a week of vacation. My class was responsible for chapel this week, so I prepared three days worth of mini-challenges regarding Thanksgiving and intertwined it with some ECHO hunger issues and West Virginia Food for Children pictures and stories. It was well received - even have a few adults who might be interested in going to WV with us this summer. We're taking a collection from the school kids for the Food for Children project.
Friday my little ones had the program and they did very well. They said Psalm 100 in unison without a hitch and then sang three songs , one of which was illustrated by a powerpoint of their drawings. They were so cute in their little hats. Thursday was our Native American Pow-wow where we go to a park and dance around a paper fire and pretend we're Indians. This is not my idea since it gets a bit stereotypical but "we've been doing it since the Kdgn. started" so who am I to change an institution? When we got back we wrote down what we liked about the day and not one kid mentioned the "pow-wow". They all talked about the nature hike and the alligators they saw and the inchworms and butterflies. Hmmmm.....
After our two days at school Dad and I are looking forward to puttering around the house. I have some chairs to strip and refinish and we've planned out our Christmas decorations and are looking forward to putting that stuff up.
On Thursday we're going to be serving dinner at the Salvation Army for 3 1/2 hours and then if the weather is nice we're going to pack a

picnic and go to the seashore. Turkey sandwiches count for Thanksgiving dinner, right?
Thanks to all of you for the Birthday cards and phone calls. It was the kind of day I like - low key with a few thoughtful expressions from family and friends. My little ones were more excited that I about the birthday and one of them spilled the beans about a week ago when she said "What day are we supposed to bring you a flower?" Anyway, 55 feels very much like 54 though I'm counting more silver among the gold and noticing that I'm not winning the battle of the bulge.
And welcome aboard to son Bob - the latest member of the Bosscher bloggers! Don't be too hard on him to update frequently - remember what it was like when you were in college??

3 comments:

bob said...

Mom, trust me, you are one of the youngest mothers I know. And I'm not being biased.. maybe its the Florida sun or something else, but you and Dad are very 'young' parents... trust me on this... you are

Katie said...

Yes, I remember what college was like and I think I spent more time e-mailing then than I do now! I think Bob will probably update his site more than the rest of us!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I'm jealous about the seashore on Thanksgiving ;) They're talking snow here...I'd take a turkey sandwich anyday if it meant sunny & warm instead of snow!