Sunday, November 02, 2008

T'Weeks

It's been a quiet week in...no, wait! That's been used before. Anyway, it has been a couple of fairly normal weeks since the last post. Two Saturdays ago Conway Community Presbyterian Church had a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" party. It was a year ago that we became a particular church in the PCA, and about six months since we had begun worship in the new church building so we decided to throw a party for the neighbors. We had a bounce house, obstacle course, table games, craft table, the story lady (that's GB reading to a couple of little girls), hot dogs & hamburgers.- biggest question was, "...and we don't have to pay anything?" It was fun to say, nope, just enjoy our thank you to the neighborhood! We had about 30 church members helping during the 4 hours we were open for business, and had many, many Conway neighbors enjoy our hospitality.
We've had cooler weather this week -- the summer is over! We had temps in the 40's a couple of mornings and I had to wear my leather chaps to keep the wind chills down. We've turned the AC off and it's just nice to be able to open up the windows and let the breeze in again.
Report cards went home this past Wednesday. It was mostly good, except for a couple of parents who hyperventilated over a C in math. Kathy W. and I have conferences with parents over the next several weeks.
We had our fall parties this past Friday. Lots of black & orange decorations and a lot of fun for the kids! The class picture is GB's 3rd grade famous characters. We enjoyed another mild night Halloween-wise in our neighborhood. We had less than a dozen kids. Waaay too much cheap candy left over! Not much of a temptation for me...very little chocolate.
I cut the lawn and trimmed the edges for the first time in over a month. Also put down some fertilizer / weed killer. Good timing -- we've had some light rain yesterday and today. Before the spritzers, I had washed to car and the bike. It's a known fact that motorcycles drive better when they're clean and shiny!

2 comments:

B said...

I like that Mom's kids didn't get to dress up as anything, but it had to be a famous person. Kind of reminds me of dressing up as Amelia Bedelia in 3rd grade!

I think I need some leather chaps (Christmas?!) It's gotten a lot cooler here and I haven't been riding much. Glad that you're still out there every day!

Lynda said...

I love the free festival that your church did. So often the church seems to be asking for something from its neighbors. I'm sure it was refreshing for many of the neighbors to see you giving and asking nothing in return. I have wondered ever since we had that little group of dads and sons here how things have been going at Conway. We'd love to have a bunch of you back here in WV sometime soon!