Saturday, January 26, 2008

B-ball and Orchids

This afternoon we went to Gators Dockside in Ocoee to watch The Game. Calvin lost to Hope -- again -- but the best part of the afternoon was finding Ed and Ginny Ubels, who were at Calvin when we were in the early '70s. Ed works at Wycliffe and Ginny is a music teacher in an Orange County elementary school. Interestingly, they just started attending First Pres, where we teach. We got caught up with jobs, family, and acquaintences and found out that they have many similar interests.
I think the caption on the picture of Ginny, Ed, and Gayle should be, "Man, those wings are HOT!"
In other news, we have 5 orchids blooming and 2 more within days of blooming. This picture is a cattleya named Gertrude Hausermann. It's bloom is as big across as my hand, and it has a delicate scent.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like they were all talking at the same time - and what is mom's left hand doing? Gotta go? ;)

Thanks for the call tonight. Sorry Luke wouldn't talk. He was having a lot of fun with Caleb playing with cars and trucks. And thanks for the new clothes and coloring stuff. We'll have lots to do in the next weeks!

B said...

I was planning on going to the game, but then got offered a shift so here I am at work! Looks like you guys had fun though. Nice to catch up with old friends. Speaking of, my college roommate Erin and baby Eli are coming to visit in Feb. Yea!!

Gayle and Rob said...

I told Dad not to put that horrible picture on the blog!! but since when does he listen to me? My hand Katie is resting on my lap which is where Ginny's hand is also resting on her lap. Must be something that 50ish women do when sitting on high bar stools that have no arm rests.

Katie said...

Mom, what pictures do you want? You can't get them off Flickr because I put the private setting on all of them. And when you click and drag they're grainy because I put up low-res to save on storage space. I can email you the high-res version of the ones you want.