Monday, December 03, 2007

Sunday

We had a wonderful Sunday. We have a communion service every first Sunday of the month, and then have a fellowship lunch afterwards. This month we had our Christmas dinner in place of the lunch. Gayle got up at 2:30 AM to put a turkey in the oven...it was done to falling-off-the-bone perfection by 8:30. We had a great time eating and fellowshipping together!
The picture shows Gayle on our deck Sunday, December 2, mid-afternoon. I don't think we have to say anything more...
We took a ride at sunset for about an hour. Riding through residential areas under live oaks that overhang the road and drip with Spanish moss is just amazing.
We found a new favorite ice cream. Publix has a decadent concoction called Chocolate Trinity. It has chocolate chunks AND Mackinac Island fudge in the chocolate ice cream. Whoo! Tingling taste buds...life good!

3 comments:

MLE said...

That ice-cream sounds heavenly! If I had a Publix here, I run out tonight. Oops, tonight I'm going to attempt to finish my paper! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit jealous of the sitting on the deck shot...we've got our first measurable snow now and I'm definitely NOT out there in shorts ;) The ice cream sounds pretty yummy...I just found a new favorite as well - Cookie Jar, Breyer's brand. YUM :)

Anonymous said...

..and another comment from me... RE: Gayle's comment about my xanga background...I actually took that picture myself :) I wanted a background of lights and couldn't find one, so I took that pic while Raleen and I were decorating, and then just washed it out enough that it worked as a background. Yay for digital cameras ;) I do have fun playing with those background pictures though!