Saturday, January 27, 2007

Beautiful Week


An eclectic post...Here are two of the four Gertrude Hausermann cattleya orchid -- they're corsage size!










Steve Mercier, a friend from church, and I went riding today. Steve has an Electra Glide Classic Harley, and I rented (used my gift from last year's 5th grade class) a Heritage Softail Classic Harley. We started at 8 AM - a cool 50 degrees - and rode north on 436 to US 17 92 and Sanford. We went along the south side of Lake Monroe and then up to Orange City. We spent some time at Blue Spring State Park. There were 172 manatees this morning (so the park ranger said). We caught a beautiful morning, cool enough that the manatees were just swarming in the spring!





The scenery was exquisite at Blue Spring. We were in shirt sleeves by noon, and heading toward Eustis and Mount Dora. We came back toward Orlando on 441. I should have used my sun block!









The best part - Gayle went for a ride with me after we got back to Orlando. GB had been testing prospective kindergarteners at TCS this morning. GB is a good sport; she said that I go to quilt shows, so she can do this...and it was a great day to be outside.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers, yay for seeing manatees :), and one pretty sweet-looking Harley...fun ride! I won't pretend I know anything about motorcycles, but I know the ride (or two) I've had on a Harley was great. Too bad it's definitely not motorcycle riding weather around here...!

MLE said...

You two look pretty cute there. How did mom feel once she got on and went for the ride? Any bugs in the teeth?

Gayle and Rob said...

No bugs in the teeth, just a few butterflies in the stomach. I was hearing people joking over my coffin - sort of the same things they said when I was in the wheelchair after the rollerblading accident.

B said...

I have the coolest parents!! :)

Anonymous said...

what a contrast in weather and activities between here and there...see our xanga for our pics!

Anna said...

Hello,
Looks alot warmer there than it is here..If you want to see some pics from Nicaragua I've finally updated my blog!
Love ya,
Anna

Shirley & Paul said...

Looks like you made it without any bumps or bruises. Have fun in the sun, it's cold here by Mike & Lynda's

Shirley & Paul said...

Hey you two....looks like you had fun! But I was really expecting to see black leather jackets with fringes! Enjoy your good health!