Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Fine Weekend


Our backyard bougainvilla looks like its ready for Christmas!

We had a very nice weekend - plenty of sunshine and outdoor work to do - windows open to the cool breeze and time for a walk around the neighborhood to look at house colors and try to decide on what we'd like when we paint at Christmas break. I think we've come to an agreement - not too dark for me, and plenty of color for Rob. The houses all around us are various shades of tan, brown, and putty so we're thinking a nice green with a cream color for trim.
Rob spent most of Saturday with his fix up the back yard project and I worked on school work with a nice break to explore a quilt shop I discovered not too far from here. I was looking for a particular piece of fabric for this year's quilt for the school auction. I figured I should get going on it as the auction is the first Saturday in March --coming soon enough.

3 comments:

Shirley & Paul said...

Hi there R.@G......so nice to see the master gardener at work! Looking good! Leaves on trees and blooming! We have mostly bare trees up here now. Except for the pin oaks that like to hang on to the leaves until Spring. Too bad that you and Sarah do not live closer....you could be an inspiration to one another quilt wise and garden wise!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Gayle :) Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gayle! Hope it's a good one! The card's not in the mail yet...I'm still writing...it will be soon/on our way to Mom and Dad's for supper. love, Cindy