Sunday, November 19, 2006

Complete


















Here's my finished project -- rather nice, I think! The variegated tree type bush in the middle is a duranta repens. It has blue flowers and gets orange 1/4 inch fruit. The 3 variegated low plants along the water channel are dianella, and the 4 yellow bushes are called gold mound. The green along the stepping stones are dwarf mondo grass. Near the duranta I put a croton, transplanted from the back corner of the yard. It was getting crowded out by the pampas grass. I think I've found enough color variety to offset the eternal green of Florida! I did undercut the hibiscus and bougainvillea by the house so I could stick some pots of my bromeliads under the large bushes.

Next project is painting the house exterior during Christmas vacation. Gayle and I have agreed on the colors -- a soft, fairly light and mossy green for the walls (called Hazy Jade); a cream color (La Fonda Ecru) for the trim; and a darker green called Blanched Thyme for the accents. I have some power washing to do first, and a few stucco repairs, and I need to adjust the corner of the deck...it's too close to the house and I need to cut out a corner so we can paint. We look forward to getting rid of the Florida pink.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Shirley & Paul said...

Wow! Iam impressed! What is the beautiful purple flower (vine) on the wall?
I guess this is gardening time in Fla. Too hot in the summer? You could easily get a job as a landscape artist!

B said...

Very nice Papa! Can't wait to come and sit on that deck in February!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.