Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Visitin'

Saturday evening we had a young couple from our church over for supper. Scott and Andi Mitchell have been married a little more than a year and we wanted to get to know them better. I grilled burgers and we enjoyed the company. Scott brought along a game they had - Settlers of Catan! Gayle and I acquitted ourselves well, but we were whomped by more experienced settlers.

We celebrated the Lord's Supper at church Sunday morning. We have this service on the first Sunday of every month and we often will get in a circle to pass the elements. We had a large circle Sunday - over 70 people! That was fun! After the service the pastor, three others from the congregation, and I went to visit a member of our congregation in the hospital. We served him communion and prayed with him. That brought back many memories of dad having communion on a Sunday afternoon in his room in our house, served by the pastor and a couple of elders. Dad died 31 years ago last Saturday...

Sunday afternoon we had two couples from our church over to watch the Super Bowl. We had a great time, and saw a decent game. The commercials - at least most of them - were great. Gayle made pizza and we enjoyed the company!

3 comments:

bob said...

about time you posted... been WAY too long...

Anonymous said...

Y'know, I think we did one of the Psalty programs at SCS one year, too - I remember seeing the costumes. And believe me, I would be in Orlando in a heartbeat if I could (it snowed today...)!! ONE of these times I will, I promise :)

Katie said...

Wow, 31 years sounds like a long time until I remember that I'll be 30 this year. Then I have to tell myself that it's really not that long!