Friday, January 20, 2006

Conversation

So, Lucy, have you and Peter decided where you’re gonna go on your honeymoon, hmm?
I went to Cuba. Heh!
Ricky Ricardo was Cuban.
Didn’t Peter look great today?
Aw, that kid! You know, he should’ve been an actor.
He’s tall.
All the great ones were tall.
Lucy, you think you can find me a nice girl for Jack?
Oh, Mom. Come on.
Well, I, I, I really don’t know Jack’s type, so I’m not the one to –
I like blondes…chubby ones.
Alan Ladd wasn’t tall.
Marshall Dillon was six foot five.
Well, we all know who Lucy’s type is.
These mashed potatoes are so creamy.
You like brunettes.
I could never make a good pot roast.
You need good beef. Argentina has great beef. Beef and Nazis.
John Wayne was tall.
Dustin Hoffman was five-six.
Would you wanna see Dustin Hoffman save the Alamo?
These mashed potatoes are so creamy.
Spain has good beef.
Mary mashed ‘em.
Cesar Romero was tall.
Cesar Romero was not Spanish.
I didn’t say Cesar Romero was Spanish.
Well, what did you say?
I said Cesar Romero was tall.
We all know he’s tall.
Well, that’s what I said. Cesar Romero is tall. That’s all I said.

At least 4 left turns in the conversation, Em...gotta love it! Best $6 I spent in a long time...

7 comments:

Katie said...

So what'd you do? Sit in front of the movie with the pause button until you got all that down? Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hehe...I was gonna ask that too...I knew what it was from the 2nd line...I love that movie :) (But I think I love You've Got Mail more...!)

Gayle and Rob said...

Pause button, yes. Subtitles on, oh, yes! Didn't take too long, either. We watched the meal scene 3 times, and laughed harder each time!

Katie said...

The movie would be "While You Were Sleeping" and this part is from a crazy Christmas dinner where everyone is pretty much talking but not listening to anyone else.

Welcome to blogland, Uncle Henk!

bob said...

wow... my father, the movie junkie. I'm glad to see you enjoying life in your older age. and about those mashed potatos... were they really that creamy Bee?

MLE said...

WoW~ And really all you had to do was go on-line where you can find hundreds of movie scripts just waiting to be downloaded. Just a warning--Calvin college doesn't like it when you tie up the computer to print them off.

B said...

As if, Bob! You weren't even there! Although I guess it is becoming legend. Weren't you the one who said I was a good cook this summer...?