Saturday, October 22, 2005

One Great Day

One Great Day for Downtown Orlando was one great day for The Christ School. We belong to a consortium of downtown schools and yesterday was the day when all the students go out into the community and perform public service tasks. It's a big undertaking to find places and suitable jobs for several thousand students, but it gives them all a taste of helping others. The fifth graders spent the morning at the Salvation Army doing a variety of things. The kindergartners made cards, paper flowers and a big mural and then walked to the fire station, the library, and the Lutheran Towers retirement home to give out their cards and flowers. The big mural with all little people marching across was presented to Compassion Corner which is a homeless help center right here in our building. It was quite humid for these activities, but the kids were good little troopers and a quick ride back to school on the downtown Lymo (free bus) was a good end to the morning.

Now that all you Bosschers have your Christmas name, please remember to post some gift suggestions. If we go ahead and put them on the blog comment place we can all read them and no one will be the wiser about who's got whom. Is that the correct grammar Miss Emily? By the way are cold germs able to be transmitted via the web? I came down with a nice head cold this weekend - however I think it's from a couple of snotty nosed kids that I chased with the tissue box and hand sanitizer this week. I'm trying to get caught up this weekend with school and house work, but keep falling asleep from the medicine I took to get rid of the sinus headache. Can't win.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Well, all of my Christmas suggestions are on Amazon, and I saw Emily has a list there too. If there's something I think of, I'll let you know like Emily did by e-mail. I haven't heard from anyone else yet.

B said...

Yeah, I'm still thinking...
But I'll post my suggestions as soon as I come up with any!