Sunday, May 25, 2008

What am I?

I took this picture in our yard this morning. We had rain last night, which brought our total for two days to over a half inch. I know it was at least a half inch because the rain gauge held that much, and our automatic shut-off actually kept the sprinkler system from going on early this morning! It cuts out the irrigation if we have had a half inch of rain within the last several days. Nice to know it works!
Sooo, what is in my picture? Get your guesses in by Wednesday. I'll clue you in then...

3 comments:

bob said...

I think that's a new sago palm leaf... but I could be mistaken! Happy Memorial Day!!

MLE said...

I was going to go with a palm frond, but I guess Bob's answer indicates that I need to know actual names and be a bit more accurate. However, I cannot.

Gayle and Rob said...

Em, your trust of your brother's judgment is well placed. It is a sago palm. I got some seeds from a student nearly 4 years ago and I now have four small sago palms... don't know if they are king or queen sagos, but the small new fronds are beautiful. By the way, my new Black Timor bamboo culm is 29 inches tall after only 19 days!