Friday, April 25, 2008

We Beat the Feet

Thursday evening we were two of a two dozen contingent of TCS people at the annual OIA 5K Run/Walk. We were a small part of a large race; 10,600 people participated this year. GB and I did our power walk / jog around the slower folks in the road and did last year's time 5 minutes better -- 42 minutes! We were beaten by the 7 year old TCS first grader in the middle of the front row; little Lawton really has a motor! One of the fun things about the evening (from my point of view) was to walk across major roads and see all of the traffic stopped. I've been on the other end also, so this was fun payback! We slept really well last night...
This morning we took the 4th and 5th graders to Boone High School's track for our annual track & field day. My favorite was the 100 meter dash. My personal 4th grade favorite, Jordan rolled to victory on her scooter. I love her attitude!
GB gets to go to Wicked tomorrow with one of her third graders. Both parents had other obligations, so "Oh, twist my arm" Gayle said she could find the time to do this little thing! What fun!
One last thing...On my way to school this morning, I saw a bald eagle
flying toward me, about 50 feet overhead. And being chased by two crows! Not even the nation's symbol can dodge the raucus birds.






No comments: